Wondering what a “mompreneur” is? Sure, it’s one of those trendy made-up buzz words that gets overused. But I think it accurately describes the mom who runs a business while raising a family. So, let’s have a little fun and determine what it means to be a mompreneuer!
You Know You’re a Mompreneur When…
- Your office has a drawer full of crayons (and you’ve been known to use them when the kids are asleep!).
- You routinely fold laundry on your lunch hour.
- Your single most important business tool is the mute button on your phone.
- Your corporate working friends think you play on Facebook all day and the stay-at-home moms in your neighborhood think you’re a social recluse.
- You make more money working on your own terms than you ever did in the Corporate environment – and you can’t believe how much fun you’re having doing it!
- Your husband has to put a lock on your computer after 10 pm just so gets to spend some time with you.
- You get more done before 3 pm than most people accomplish all week.
- The school bus driver is on your speed dial along with the UPS driver.
- Your idea of a Girls Getaway involves a seminar, conference or a cruise that you can write off for networking purposes.
- You wish Skype had never been invented because now your clients can see how you really look on “office days!”
- You consider Summer Camp a business expense.
- You have more brilliant ideas than you could possibly have time to implement – but that doesn’t stop you from talking about them!
- You’re the only mom at soccer practice listening to a teleseminar on your iPod.
- You don’t believe in slave labor, but you’ve been known to bribe your kids with ice cream if they seal envelopes or clean out your office storage closet.
- Your definition of relaxing is having only one conversation at a time.
- You have absolutely, positively no time to be sick!
- You can walk out of the grocery store with three new clients.
- You find business inspiration in the strangest of places – like reading Dr. Seuss or watching a Disney movie.
- You don’t ever want to ask anyone for permission for a day off from work. Ever.
- You love your business, your family and your life, and you treasure each day as a blessing!
Now it’s your turn! Fill in the blank: You know you’re a mompreneur when….